Problem in SQL-Loader with BLOB (it works with CLOB)

From: Pradip <pradipkhuman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2004 22:40:00 -0700

Hi all,
I have two tables in Oracle 8i running on Windows. Both have same structure except one column. Column in which I want to store my documents, I have defined as BLOB in one table and it is CLOB in another table.
My following code ables to load any document in both the table, but when I get it from the database, I get correct file from column having CLOB datatype, but I always get error (error of incorrect file format) if it's from column of BLOB type.
Pls. find some way for me. I am not able to get why it's happening and what can be solution.

MY CONTROL FILE LOOKS LIKE LOAD DATA
INFILE 'data.dat'
INTO TABLE testa
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' (fname CHAR(20),
 fcontent LOBFILE(fname) TERMINATED BY EOF)

Then it worked for both (ie fcontent as BLOB or CLOB) But I retrieve it into my VB 6 application, Blob gives me error in fileformat but CLOB works fine.

Pradip. Received on Tue Aug 31 2004 - 00:40:00 CDT