Could not Login into ORACLE

From: Wishy <call_vishu_at_india.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2004 00:57:14 -0700

I have installed ORACLE 9i, Enterprise Edition for General Purpose and have not changed any default settings.. on a Windows 2K Adv Server.. I named the Domain as Kirbz.domain
and the SID is kirbz
When I try to login it ask for UserName, Password and Host String. I enter Scott, tiger and kirbz.domain...

but does not let me into the SQL> prompt.

what is the Host String?

It gives No Listener, TNS blah blah... the same error message as in the HostString is Incorrect..
Is there any default HOSTSTRING...

Thanks in Advance

Wishy Received on Mon Aug 30 2004 - 02:57:14 CDT