newbie question (array?)

From: dduncan <email_at_ddress.c0m>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:45:58 -0400

OK, so maybe there's no such thing as a field array, but that's the closet term I can think of for what I'd like to do. I have a table that is otherwise flat, but in one field I'd like to store an 'array' of values and be able to count the length of that array. This field will need to be updated with a new value each time I access a particular entry. For example:

NAME_FIRST NAME_LAST ADDRESS_EMAIL DOMAINS* *where domains would contain all the domains registered by this person and get updated each time the person registered a new domain. I'm guessing I need to create new tables and link them somehow, but how do I do this without creating dozens of new tables? Maybe someone could fill me in on the right terminology I'm looking for and I can learn from there.

Thanks,
~D Received on Thu Aug 26 2004 - 10:45:58 CDT