Skripts with Unux and german special characters

From: Nicolas Bronke <Nicolas_bronke_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:01:55 +0200

With some of my collegues we entcountered a problem with german characters under Linux.

Normally we are loading our scripts from a windows client. There we did not have any problems. But now someone want to load the scripts from linux using sqlplus. Here we are comming to the problem. Even if I send

select convert('äöü','WE8ISO8859P1') from dual;

we did not get the german characters. I search in Google and discussed it with others. Sure it have to be a setting problem, but I did not find the way how to set the parameters (even not the person, who has much more experiences with Linux).

Can some give us a helpful hint?

Regards
Nicolas Received on Thu Aug 26 2004 - 09:01:55 CDT