Re: Oracle 8.1.7 connection and ASP

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:07:44 -0500

"Tha DRD" <thadrd_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it's not working. I copied and
>pasted your code into my asp editor (Dreamweaver MX 2004). I changed
>the "yourtnsnamesentry." I then ran the page and got ASP errors on all
>lines that ended with ;
>
>I took those out and then it errored out on the time out lines.
>
>I took those out and then it errored out on this line:
>myconn.ConnectionString=myConnString
>
>Thanks,
>Derek

Sorry about the semi-colons ( it was from a JavaScript version): Here is the ASP version I use in many, many apps:

<%
' Create and establish data connection
Set objDC = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objDC.ConnectionTimeout = 15
objDC.CommandTimeout = 30

'Code to connect to Oracle Warehouse
 objDC.Open "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=yourpass;User ID=youruser;Data Source=yourtnsnamesentry;Persist Security Info=TRUE" %>

What errors did you get...? Received on Thu Aug 26 2004 - 09:07:44 CDT