the year 4000 problem ... :-)

From: Giovanni Azua <bravegag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:26:07 -0400

Hello all,

I have booked my PL/SQL 1Z0-147 exam within 2 days and was trying to dig more and find some decent documentation for the dbms_job.submit next_date and interval parameters which I find not very well documented and found a book that explains:

The next_date parameter:
... Whenever a NULL value is passed for the next_date parameter, the next execution date for the job is set to January 1, 4000.

Is this true? Then is possible to have jobs waiting for year 4000 to bring down all servers??? :-)

Regards,
Giovanni Received on Wed Aug 25 2004 - 23:26:07 CDT