Oracle 8.1.7 connection and ASP

From: Tha DRD <thadrd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2004 11:43:02 -0700

To all interested,

I am trying to run Crystal Reports via ASP through an Oracle 8.1.7 connection. Every time I try to run the webpage, I get the following error displayed on the page:

Error Occurred Reading Records: Logon failed. Details: 28000:[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied

I have entered our connection information numberous ways into our ASP code and gotten the same results. I have also tried the Microsoft driver that everyone claims to work (ver 2.0). I am wondering what I am doing wrong. Below is the ASP code.

<%_at_LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<%
Set OraDatabase = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") OraDatabase.Open "dsn=zfdprod;uid=pcinv;pwd=pcinv;"
%>

<% Response.Expires = 0 %>

<head>
<title>Report Viewer</title>
</head>

<%

ReportName = Request.QueryString("rpt")
cCom       = Request.QueryString("com")
CSel       = Request.QueryString("sel")

Server.ScriptTimeout = 180
%>

<!-- #include file="AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp" -->

<%
session("oRpt").ReportComments = cCom
session("oRpt").RecordSelectionFormula = cSel
%>

<!-- #include file="MoreRequiredSteps.asp" -->
<!-- #include file="SmartViewerActiveX.asp" -->

I will be eternally greatful to anyone that has the solution! Thanks,
Derek Received on Wed Aug 25 2004 - 13:43:02 CDT