Invalid bookmark in an unbound grid with Oracle 9i

From: St?phane Cockraine <stephane.cockraine_at_harfan.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2004 07:51:28 -0700

Hi, we have an application that worked on Oracle 8i with oo4o and oraoldb.

We use a Sheridan grid in unbound mode with the following code in the unboundReadData event where RecGlobal is an OraDynaset:

Public Sub UnboundReadData(RowBuf As SSDataWidgets_B.ssRowBuffer, StartLocation As Variant, ReadPriorRows As Boolean) On Error GoTo ErrorGridStreetSectorUnboundReadData:

    Dim Rcnt, Rcount, Rcounter As Integer

    If Grid.Redraw = False Then Exit Sub     If recGlobal Is Nothing Then Exit Sub     If IsNull(StartLocation) Then

        If ReadPriorRows Then
            recGlobal.MoveLast
        Else
            recGlobal.MoveFirst
        End If
    Else
        'Conversion from HEX string to Binary string
        recGlobal.Bookmark = objMain.HexToBookmark(StartLocation)
        If ReadPriorRows Then
            recGlobal.MovePrevious
        Else
            recGlobal.MoveNext
        End If

    End If
    For Rcount = 0 To RowBuf.RowCount - 1
        If recGlobal.BOF Or recGlobal.EOF Then Exit For
        Select Case (RowBuf.ReadType)
            Case 0
                For Rcounter = 0 To RowBuf.ColumnCount - 1
                    RowBuf.Value(Rcount, Rcounter) =
recGlobal(Grid.Columns(Rcounter).Name).Value
                Next Rcounter
                RowBuf.Bookmark(Rcount) =
objMain.BookmarkToHex(recGlobal.Bookmark)
            Case 1
                RowBuf.Bookmark(Rcount) =
objMain.BookmarkToHex(recGlobal.Bookmark)
            Case 2
                RowBuf.Value(Rcount, Rcounter) =
recGlobal(Grid.Columns(Rcounter).Name).Value 'recGlobal(Rcounter).Value
                RowBuf.Bookmark(Rcount) =
objMain.BookmarkToHex(recGlobal.Bookmark)
            Case 3
        End Select

        If ReadPriorRows Then
            recGlobal.MovePrevious
        Else
            recGlobal.MoveNext
        End If
        Rcnt = Rcnt + 1

    Next Rcount
    RowBuf.RowCount = Rcnt

ExitGridStreetSectorUnboundReadData:

    Exit Sub
ErrorGridStreetSectorUnboundReadData:

    Dim ErrNum As Long, ErrDesc As String     ErrNum = objMain.GetLastError(Err.Number)     Select Case ErrNum

        Case 3021
        Case 40088: Grid.ReBind 'No open cursor
        Case 40022 'Resultset is empty
        Case Else
            ErrDesc = objMain.GetLastErrorDesc(Err.Description)
            MsgBox ErrNum & " : " & ErrDesc, CriticalFlag, Msg(1)
    End Select
    Resume ExitGridStreetSectorUnboundReadData: End Sub

Here is the code for the HexToBookmark and BookmarkToHex functions we use:

Private Function Mainfunctions_HexToBookmark(ByVal S As Variant) As Variant

    Dim I As Integer, STmp As Variant
    If IsNull(S) Then Exit Function
    For I = 1 To Len(S) Step 2

        STmp = STmp & Chr(Val("&h" & Mid(S, I, 2)))     Next
    Mainfunctions_HexToBookmark = STmp
End Function

Private Function Mainfunctions_BookmarkToHex(ByVal S As Variant) As Variant

    Dim I As Integer, H As String, STmp As Variant     For I = 1 To Len(S)

        H = Hex(Asc(Mid(S, I, 1)))
        If Len(H) = 1 Then H = "0" & H
        STmp = STmp & H

    Next
    Mainfunctions_BookmarkToHex = STmp
End Function

Now we need to make our application run on Oracle 9i (patchset 9204) (with oraoledb 9.2.0.4.0 and oo4o 9.2.0.4.8) and our Sheridan Grid in unbound mode seems to work fine, except that after some time I reexecute the query to refresh the grid I get an invalid bookmark error message (OIP.4121) and only 10 records from the recordset are displayed even if the recordcount is greater.

Anything that can help solve this somehow weird problem is welcome. Thanks Received on Wed Aug 25 2004 - 09:51:28 CDT