Re: Problems Installing Oracle 9i on WinXP

From: Frank V. <jawzx2003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2004 07:22:14 -0700

jawzx2003_at_yahoo.com (Frank V.) wrote in message news:<761376f2.0408231016.4a87b172_at_posting.google.com>...
> I'm trying to install (reinstall) Oracle 9i on to my windows XP
> computer and I keep getting an error that I can't find and/or figure
> out. I've searched in multiple locations and no one has even mentioned
> this problem?
>
> Error:
> "There was a problem in accessing the staging area. Please make sure
> the specified values for ?Source' and ?Destination' are valid." This
> occurs on the File Location page of the installer.
>
> One important note is that I've installed this exact installation
> version on to the same computer before. The only major configuration
> change is that I've added Service Pack 2 to my computer.
>
> I know that I have the hard disk space for installing this. Any
> suggestion or recommendations will help out a lot. Thanks!
>
> -Frank V.

In regard to my question above, does anyone currently run Oracle 10g w/ Service Pack 2? Does it work? did you try to install it w/ SP2 on your winxp machine. if so, CDs or Hard disk? download or Oracle provided CDs, any information on Oracle w/ SP2 would be greatly appriated.

Anything like more failure stories, so i can confirm this, or success stories so I can start search around more. and if you were successful, perhaps you can tell me you CPU setup.

Again, thanks to everyone who reads this, and who contributes.

Frank V.
Jawzx2003_at_yahoo.com Received on Tue Aug 24 2004 - 09:22:14 CDT