SQL Query- filter on text in CLOB

From: D <bbcrock_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2004 11:31:33 -0700

How can I writ the simplest query to select all the IDs from a table where a certain string is present in a CLOB field?

I want to do a LIKE comparison, but that doesn't work. I looked at dbms_lob.instr and dbms_lob.substr but neither seem to work right. I tried to_char in the where clause, but I probably have the syntax wrong.

If anyone can point me to the absolute fastest way to write this query let me know.

thanks!

Don Received on Mon Aug 23 2004 - 13:31:33 CDT