Re: SQL Plus Script Problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:13:15 +0200

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:26:19 -0400, "Alan" <alan_at_erols.com> wrote:

>I have several sql scripts that run nightly via sql*plus (automated with a
>scheduler). Every so often, one or more characters will get lost between my
>PC and the Oracle server (I see the results in my spool file). There is no
>pattern to it, and it has ever only happened once in a given session. Is
>there any way to prevent this characters from being dropped (some setting
>somewhere...)?
>
>Client: Windows 2000, SP4
>Oracle 8.1.7 (various beyond that)
>Novell Network
>
>TIA

Has nothing to do with Oracle but everything with the network. Just curious:why don't you run this on the server, and setup a share to the directory with the output? One cleaningwoman with a vacuumcleaner pulling your network cable and you loose your scheduled activity.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA