Re: How to capture SQL

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:20:24 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:
> Randy Harris wrote:
>

>> Is there a simple means of capturing an SQL statement sent from an
>> application to an Oracle 9i server (on the server end)?  I've been
>> looking
>> through the documentation, not sure if this should be done with trace, or
>> auditing or if there is some way to enable SQL logging, or dump the
>> redo log
>> or something else.

> Look at the DBMS_SUPPORT built-in package.
> http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_support.html

Regarding your question "dump the redo log": Yes. DBMS_LOGMNR.

The represented SQL might not exactly match what was submitted, but it captures the equivalent logical change record(s). It can be slow and require some manual analysis. As Ana mentioned, it's not simple.

What is your need? Auditing? Tuning? Training?

--Mark B. Received on Wed Aug 18 2004 - 19:20:24 CDT