Re: 19g SQL*Loader difficulties

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:12:20 GMT

Ian wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> Environment: 10g database server + 9i database on notebook.
>
> Task: Uploading csv file to Oracle database table using sqlldr.exe utility.
> This is my first attempt at doing this task however I am using the Orielly
> text "Oracle SQL*Loader - The Definitive Guide".
>
> Problem: On the 10g database server when running sqlldr with the ctl file
> containing all of the various paremeters the following error is reported:
>
> SQL*Loader: Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production on Tue Aug 17 09:21:38 2004
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.
>
> SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]
> ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
>
> Comment: Please note that exactly the same script running on the notebook
> with 9i works. Also, and this is where I am getting lost, I can run exactly
> the same script on the notebook but set to update the tables on the 10g
> server and it works without an errors. As noted above, if the script is run
> on the 10g server then the above error is returned. All of the logon
> permissions are exactly the same on both databases.
>
> Many thanks for your assistance.
>
> Regards,
> Ian

What OS is running on the notebook? What OS is running on the server?

TNSPING is a good tool for testing Oracle network connectivity. Also, read the documentation for this error at tahiti.oracle.com, there are specific steps given there to more fully diagnose and troubleshoot.

--Mark Bole Received on Mon Aug 16 2004 - 19:12:20 CDT