19g SQL*Loader difficulties

From: Ian <ian_stephenson(_at_)hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:25:05 +1000

Hallo,

Environment: 10g database server + 9i database on notebook.

Task: Uploading csv file to Oracle database table using sqlldr.exe utility. This is my first attempt at doing this task however I am using the Orielly text "Oracle SQL*Loader - The Definitive Guide".

Problem: On the 10g database server when running sqlldr with the ctl file containing all of the various paremeters the following error is reported:

SQL*Loader: Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production on Tue Aug 17 09:21:38 2004

Copyright (c) 1982, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.

SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0] ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

Comment: Please note that exactly the same script running on the notebook with 9i works. Also, and this is where I am getting lost, I can run exactly the same script on the notebook but set to update the tables on the 10g server and it works without an errors. As noted above, if the script is run on the 10g server then the above error is returned. All of the logon permissions are exactly the same on both databases.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Ian Received on Mon Aug 16 2004 - 18:25:05 CDT