Re: comparing 3 tables from 3 databases

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2004 11:05:08 -0700

Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<pBeTc.4316$tN6.2713_at_newssvr27.news.prodigy.com>...

> [...]
> >
> > What if the databases aren't linked? Each database represents
> > separate/distinct financial activity and I think they keep them apart for
> > audit reasons?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shawn
> >

> If the databases aren't linked in real time, then make a copy. As
> previously mentioned, you can't compare if you can't access.
>
> Also, consider the supplied package DBMS_RECTIFIER_DIFF as an
> alternative to MINUS operator.
>
> --Mark Bole

PERL with the DBI package is great for this. It's exactly analogous to what I did on my previous contract, compare address data in three systems. Multiple connections open simultaneously, lots of PERL comparison features (pattern matching), and file system access (for generating reports or correction scripts).

Ed Received on Mon Aug 16 2004 - 13:05:08 CDT