How to get feedback form JDBC insert statement (i.e.: "1 row inserted")

From: Per Magnus L?vold <kebabkongen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2004 00:51:44 -0700

Hi,
I am working on a Java application which inserts data into an Oracle database.

I am looking for a way to retreive the feedback from an insert statement.
After inserting a row, the resultset and result set meta data are empty. I wonder how to retrieve the "1 row inserted" or feedback after performing the INSERT.
Or do I perhaps have to create this logic myself? I.e. when the insert statement is executed silently, the row is successfully inserted? (--> "1 row inserted")

Can anybody help me with this?

Regards,
Per Magnus Received on Thu Aug 12 2004 - 02:51:44 CDT