Re: Create table across dblink gives ORA-01536

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2004 06:24:53 -0700

sPh <sphealeyxxx_at_xxxworldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<1EtRc.410772$Gx4.9740_at_bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> > sPh, based on the information given the current oracle user is trying
> > to create table t99 in their default tablespace as a CTAS from a
> > remote view. The error messages make it appear that Oracle is
> > attempting to create the table on DCMS_SWDATA. Since DDL over a link
> > is not supported perhaps the messages are slightly messed up.
>
> The semantics get quite convoluted once dblinks are involved. The table
> was being created in the local schema, not the remote. The size of the
> table was ~100 MB when all was done. In order to make that happen, I
> had to raise the quota on the REMOTE user's schema to 512 MB. If anyone
> could help me with that one I would be obliged!
>
> sPh

SPh, it sounds like you got by the problem which would appear to be a minor bug where Oracle was incorrectly looking at the remote instance quotas.

We ran on 8.0.5.2 for at least a year and we do a fair amount of distributed processing but I do not remember ever hitting this problem.

A work aroung might be to perform the create table then use an insert as select from the remote table(s) instead of doing both together as CTAS. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Aug 09 2004 - 08:24:53 CDT