Re: Create table across dblink gives ORA-01536

From: sPh <sphealeyxxx_at_xxxworldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 17:44:29 GMT

> sPh, based on the information given the current oracle user is trying
> to create table t99 in their default tablespace as a CTAS from a
> remote view. The error messages make it appear that Oracle is
> attempting to create the table on DCMS_SWDATA. Since DDL over a link
> is not supported perhaps the messages are slightly messed up.

The semantics get quite convoluted once dblinks are involved. The table was being created in the local schema, not the remote. The size of the table was ~100 MB when all was done. In order to make that happen, I had to raise the quota on the REMOTE user's schema to 512 MB. If anyone   could help me with that one I would be obliged!

sPh Received on Sun Aug 08 2004 - 12:44:29 CDT