Q: SQL -Only the first of every row ?

From: Ralf Bender <ralf.bender_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:16:38 +0200

Hello,

I got a little problem to solve. There is a table like this: objectnr, names, dates

123,data1,2004
123,data1,2003
234,data2,2003
456,data3,2004
456,data4,2004

Now i want to select all rows which have 2004 in field dates, BUT i only want to see every objectnr once and all columns.

The result should look like this:
123,data1,2004
456,data3,2004

Not like this:

123,data1,2004
456,data3,2004
456,data4,2004

I try it with distinct for objectnr, but then I must have all other columns.
Could some help me here

thx
ralf Received on Wed Aug 04 2004 - 06:16:38 CDT