Cursor, loop and delete...

From: Albert Dupond <ad_at_ad.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:25:08 +0200

Hello,

A small example would be better than a lot of words. Can I do this ?

<<<
declare

   cursor myCursor is select objectid from myTable where value = 'TEST'; begin

   for myRecord in myCursor loop

      delete from myTable where objectid = myRecord.objectid;
      commit;

   end loop;
end;

I would really appreciate to be able to do this but I am afraid of side effects, because I modify the cursor data set during its usage.

Which precaution must I take ? Any advice welcome.

Thanks a lot

AD Received on Mon Aug 02 2004 - 10:25:08 CDT