designer 6i - hangs when install repositary - HELP! :(

From: Adam Sawyer <sawyeraj_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 02:58:13 +0800

I'm running oracle designer 6i with oracle app server 8i (+forms/reports/developer 6i) on windows 2000. I have had many installation hiccups so far, but now one has come along that I cannot deal with.

The error occurs when trying to install the repositary using the Repositary config utility (whatever it's called). The install goes along quite fine, installing roughly 1000 objects or so, before the machine crashes. The state of the install at the crash is:

Stage Details:
  CKPACK
  Creating Repositary Package

Object Details:
  Package Body
  CIOUE_ELEMENT_TYPE Status Information:
  Submitting Definition/Statement
  ciueet.opb

I have used the walkthrough at:
  www.bus.iastate.edu/mennecke/533/S01/oracledesignerhelp.htm

to help me get things up and running.

Pls ask for any further info that might help you. thx
adam Received on Fri Jul 30 2004 - 13:58:13 CDT