SQL for spreadsheet output - Part 2

From: Luis <andyza_at_webmail.co.za>
Date: 28 Jul 2004 09:40:20 -0700

Continuing from my post a few days ago, I want to produce a list of people and the qualificatons they have obtained. I have two tables in a Oracle 9i database:

TblPerson { PersonId(PK), PersonName, PersonSurname, PersonTel } TblEducation { QualificationId, PersonId(FK), QualificationName, DateObtained }

One person can have multiple qualifications. In this instance it doesn't matter that a particular qualification can be obtained by more than one person and I don't need to cater for that possibility.

As per my original post I want to generate an excel spreadsheet of Persons
and the qualifications they have obtained.

I want the spreadsheet to be laid out as follows if the person only has one qualification:

PersonId | PersonName | PersonSurname| PersonTel | QualificationId | QualificationName | DateObtained

If the person has two qualifications it will look like this: PersonId | PersonName | PersonSurname| PersonTel | QualificationId | QualificationName | DateObtained | QualificationId | QualificationName
| DateObtained

And for three qualifications:
PersonId | PersonName | PersonSurname| PersonTel | QualificationId | QualificationName | DateObtained | QualificationId | QualificationName
| DateObtained | QualificationId | QualificationName | DateObtained

And so on for more qualifications.

How do I get this result? Received on Wed Jul 28 2004 - 11:40:20 CDT