Re: Problem with 'like' compare

From: ohaya <ohaya_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 14:22:19 -0400

> Hi Andy,
>
> I was trying to be careful when I typed my original post, but may've
> messed up, but the fields in the records have a space/blank after the
> colon and after the left brackets ("[ 0a]"), and in the WHERE in the
> SELECT that I'm using, I'm putting spaces/blanks in both those places,
> and am not getting any rows back.
>
> What's puzzling is if I put a string up to and including the left
> bracket in the WHERE, the query returns information. It's only if I try
> to include the text/data past the "[" that the query fails.
>
> Is it possible the lower() is messing up the "0a", or something like
> that? I've tried using upper() instead, but same problem.
>
> Jim

Hi,

Ok, I've figured it out. The field actually has the string something like:

...SerialNumber: [ 0a]...

i.e., the info between the brackets is 6-characters, left-blank-filled. I was looking at the info in View/Edit Contents in OEM, and you can't see those 4 blanks, but when I did a query using SQLPlus, they showed up :(...

Thanks,
Jim Received on Sat Jul 24 2004 - 13:22:19 CDT