Re: Inconsistent behavior between SQL*Plus and Perl DBI

From: John <jpeter1978_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2004 08:23:45 -0700

Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.07.20.04.12.17.974321_at_sbcglobal.net>...
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:44:29 +1000, Gregory Toomey wrote:
>
> > Try printing out $temp_query after you assign it to the here doc, then cut &
> > paste into sql*plus. There may be some Perl variable interpolation you did
> > not expect.
>
> Oracle has a table called USER_ERRORS in which the last compilation error
> is recorded. There is also a table called USER_SOURCE, from which the
> lines of the compiled source can be obtained. A logical step would be
> to extract the source of the unit that was actually compiled and
> compare it with the desired. Perl is a mighty tool, and I use it
> frequently, but it shouldn't be the only tool.

Thanks for cluing me in on USER_SOURCE. I've been looking for a way to do that. Call me lazy, but it seems a little cumbersome to have to type

select TEXT from USER_SOURCE where NAME = 'PROC_NAME';

every time I want to print out a procedure. Do you know of any shortcut in SQL*Plus? Or should I write my own procedure to do it? Received on Fri Jul 23 2004 - 10:23:45 CDT