Re: ADO connection to Oracle

From: Frank Maxey <fdmaxey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2004 12:10:22 -0700

connPDI.ConnectionString = "File Name = HMIDB.udl"

        connPDI.Open()

The HMIDB.udl file contains the following text:

[oledb]
; Everything after this line is an OLE DB initstring Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=pwd;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=zmadm;Data Source=ORCL

An interesting development: I tried a smaller application. It manages to open the connection, but the program terminates as soon as I issue a Fill command for a data adapter.

Also remember that this code works in the development environment, but not the runtime.

Thanks.

Frank Maxey

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:<40fd7b34$0$6450$cc9e4d1f_at_news-text.dial.pipex.com>...
> code that makes the connection would help :)
>
> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com
> "Frank Maxey" <fdmaxey_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have encountered a serious problem trying to deploy an application
> > in VB.net that accesses an Oracle database.

<<<... Text deleted....>>>