Re: Inconsistent behavior between SQL*Plus and Perl DBI

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:07:37 -0400

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:52:40 -0700, John wrote:

> I'm trying to create a PL/SQL procedure with Perl's DBI module. I
> first create the query and then use the "do" method to send it to
> Oracle. However, when I run the script I get the following error:
>
> DBD::Oracle::db do failed: ORA-24344: success with compilation error
> (DBD SUCCESS_WITH_INFO: OCIStmtExecute) ...

If I am allowed to guess, there is a problem with quoting in your create statement. You can, of course, take a look at USER_ERRORS, which will tell you at which line did the error happen and what was the message. If I may ask, why are you trying to create procedure from DBI? That's precisely what sqlplus is all about. You should only be calling procedure from DBI, not try creating it.

--
A city is a large community where people are lonesome together.