Re: Decimal point and decimal comma

From: george lewycky <gelewyc_at_nyct.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2004 07:55:15 -0700

Two methods:

  1. on the system level you can change the number format, like changing how you want the date to appear.
  2. in SQL there is a FORMAT ex. 'FORMAT 999999.99' 'FORMAT 999,999.99' 'FORMAT 999,999.9' 'FORMAT 999,999' will do rounding

note second method is done in SQL Plus before you run the actual SQL code not within the actual SQL itself

3. Within the Actual SQL you can do this also

see the links below

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/help/database/oracle-docs/server.920/a96540/sql_elements4a.htm

http://www.google.com/search?num=30&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=oracle+sql+format+NUMBER