Re: user "PUBLIC" not in All_USERS

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:19:00 +0200

"Praveen" <nospam_at_nospam.com> a écrit dans le message de news:cd7150$gfa$1_at_news1brm.Central.Sun.COM...
> Hi..All,
>
> I have a quick question. Why am I not able to see the user "PUBLIC"
> in ALL_USERS table.
>
> Regards,

PUBLIC is neither a user nor a role, it's a user group. It has been defined as it in Oracle version 6. It's the only user group but version 6 doc seemed to understand that someday there will be other groups (something like all users belong to a group, PUBLIC by default). Then roles come in version 7 and user group idea disappeared, just PUBLIC rested.
From which all the inconsistencies Pete showed trying to fit PUBLIC in a role role.

--
Regards
Michel Cadot