Re: minimum processor power?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 04:38:10 GMT

David Lee wrote:

> I really need to get a laptop computer for doing homework with Oracle 9i
> and Visual Studio .Net.
> but I don't have alot of money. What is the minimum
> processor and memory you would suggest or have been
> successful with. Thanks
> Dave

Personal suggestion for a minimum is a Pentium 600 MHz with at least 512M RAM. For an Oracle system the RAM is by far more important than the processor speed & I'd rather get 1GB than 1.5GHz.

That changes when you start adding other stuff such as Java/J2EE and .Net which I find will be more influenced by CPU speed.

Make sure you have network capability.

Laptops with the appropriate specs (Dell CPx with PCMCIA networking card or C600 with built in networking) are not terribly expensive on EBay. Received on Thu Jul 15 2004 - 23:38:10 CDT