Re: OEM Reports: How to do a report with a parameter ?

From: Anon-o-mouse <Anonomouse_at_notmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:09:00 GMT

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:35:44 +0200, "André Hartmann" <andrehartmann_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
> Example: I would like to call my report via a URL like
>http://....../...&UserName=blabla and then I want to use the parameter
>inside the report, like in a SQL statement SELECT .... WHERE ...
>username='&UserName'... but of course it does not work in that plain way.
>
>Thanks,
>André
>:)
>
>PS: Yes, I did RTFM (OEM) but I couldnt find anything helpful...

Suggestion one:
 If you want the details of the current user only then you could always get the current user as part of the pre-report trigger. ie
SELECT USER, UID FROM DUAL; Suggestion two:
  you make use of the parameter form

Suggestion three:
Have a look at the srw.add_parameter documentation and srw.run_report Received on Wed Jul 14 2004 - 18:09:00 CDT