Re: update table a.fkid from table b.pkid, additional information

From: amwi <amwi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:12:14 GMT

?
> < a random>
?

Table b contains 10 rows with specific id's (primary keys). Table a contains 10000 rows and contains a fk to table b.id. The problem is to update the 10000 fk's in table a so that the 10 pk's in table a is spread evenly into 10000 items in table a.

That is:
The first id in table b is written to 1000 rows in table a. The second id in table b is written to the next 1000 rows in table a. ...
The twentieth id in table b is written to the last 1000 rows in table a.

This is the basic idea and it should be real easy to solve in SQL, somehow...

Thank you Received on Wed Jul 14 2004 - 14:12:14 CDT