Re: Export / Import users (Oracle 9.2)

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:49:46 +0200

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:40:03 GMT, "John A. Horve" <john_at_horve.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I want to export all users from one database to another.
>
>I don't want to do a full export/import because I have different tablespaces
>in these two databases.
>
>Any good ideas?
>
>Regards John

not a problem.

Make sure
the target user doesn't have unlimited tablespace privilege has his default tablespace set to a new tablespace do not import the indexes, but
run imp indexfile=<anyfilename>.sql
<any filename> now contains all CREATE index statements. edit the file as appropiate,
run it is an ordinary sql script.

That is all.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA