Re: Get Records from a 2.DB with MS-Access

From: Wit Serdakovskij <wit_no_at_spam_dba.kiev.ua>
Date: 13 Jul 2004 15:11:48 GMT

Hello, Sam,

near 16:50 13-Jul from samsung_at_gmx.de:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Ms-Access application.
>
> All data stand in a Oracle data base.
>
> The Oracle data base has a DatabaseLink to a second Oracle database.
>
> I would like to get records from a table in the 2. Oracle data base.
>
> Like:
>
> "Select * From Tabel_at_SecondDB "
>
> But it does not work

On the first database:

create view v_tabel as select * from tabel_at_SecondDB;

Then try to "select * from v_tabel".

Other option is to configure tnsnames alias for second database on machine with application and configure datasource in your application directly from it (attach the table).

--
wbr,
Wit.