PL/SQL Script Check for Syntax Errors Prior to Running

From: ZugZug <zugzug21us_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2004 12:12:42 -0700

Does any know if there is a way to check a PL/SQL script for compile errors prior to running the script (FYI - I know I can save them as PROCEDURES to get this info). Example...it would tell you there is a semi-colon missing on the END IF.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm writing a few scripts that will update several tables. I'd like to know if I made any stupid mistakes prior to running the script.

BEGIN
IF vv_Action = 'HELLO' THEN

   DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Hello');
ELSE