Can I do this with the dynamic SQL?

From: cschang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:40:28 -0400

I found an alternative for my last post, however, there was still a problem. I wrote a package with a procedure as

Procedure abc( p_sa IN VARCHAR2) IS

   v_name tbl_name; -- is a table type variable decalred in package spec.    BEGIN
      sqlStmt := 'select name from fl_management f, TABLE(f.mgmts_nt) f2 where f2.sa= :x';

     If ... Then
       EXECUTE IMMEDIATE sqlStmt  BULK COLLECT INTO v_name USING const1;
     ELSIF  .. THEN
       EXECUTE IMMEDIATE sqlStmt  BULK COLLECT INTO v_name USING const2;
     END IF;

  END abc;
When I compiled this, the error showing BULK can not be used here. Can anyone tell me why? I did follow the syntax, did I? My setup is 8.1.7.4 on NT 4 Thanks.

C Chang Received on Fri Jul 09 2004 - 09:40:28 CDT