inheritance problem

From: Christian \ <Christian.Gulich_at_IN.Stud.TU-Ilmenau.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:40:58 +0200

Hi,
I have a table containing 2 attributes. ID of number and VIDEO of ordsys.ordvideo.
Because I want to create a subtype of ordsys.ordvideo, i altered this type to be NOT FINAL using the following statement:

ALTER TYPE ORDSYS.OrdVideo NOT FINAL CASCADE CONVERT TO SUBSTITUTABLE

After doing this (and creating a subtype) I can't still access my existing video table. The following select for example throws an error instead:

SELECT v.Video.getMimeType()<BR>FROM Tester.Videos2 v

The error is:

ORA-00600: Interner Fehlercode, Argumente: [kope2_readstr232], [1], [],

translated to english it would be:
ORA-00600: internal error, arguments:
[kope2_readstr232], [1], [], [], [], [], [], []

If I create a new table identical to my old video table, it works fine. Is there any way, to gain access to the old video table as well?

Thanks in advance, Christian Received on Wed Jul 07 2004 - 04:40:58 CDT