Re: Security Exception

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:55:35 +0100

"Jeff Cochran" <jeff.nospam_at_zina.com> wrote in message news:40ed0dfa.978211163_at_msnews.microsoft.com...
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:56:52 GMT, "jamie" <jamie.jones_at_virgin.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using
ODP.Net.
> >The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without
issue.

> >When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve
the
> >following error:
> > System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded
permission
> >set object.
> >
> >The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
> >application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.
> >
> >Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Jamie.
> >
> >PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
> >urgently
>
> It's not an IIS issue. Try annoying just the other five groups for
> your answer.

The code that throws the exception would have helped....

It *may* be an IIS issue - sort of - in that the anonymous accounts iuser_machine and iwam_machine need to have read/execute access to the Oracle home directory, which they won't do by default with a 9i (or higher) client. If it isn't that wild stab in the dark then try posting some code, and I'd suggest limiting the crossposts to just the aspnet and perhaps the oracle.misc groups.

Cheers

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA