formatting output from a column in sql plus

From: amwi <amwi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:52:53 GMT

I have read the documentation of the column command in sql plus version 10.1 and i still don't understand how to format the data field as follows. I have tried different ways to use the column command, without success, believe me...

Questions:
1) How to format a varchar2 field so that it is "right justified"? 2) How do i format a date field as follows 'YYYY-MM-DD' with the help of the column command, if possible?

Thank you Received on Wed Jul 07 2004 - 01:52:53 CDT