Re: Very simple report question

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 6 Jul 2004 17:19:30 -0700

"amwi" <amwi_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<2AXFc.4254$dx3.33562_at_newsb.telia.net>...
> Thank you Daniel for your input.
> Now I am using SQL plus, but i still need some help to get started. Where
> can I find some examples on how to create a report using SQL plus? Or even
> better, does anyone have a solution that does something like i described
> below?

If you have Oracle support, there are plenty of interesting scripts at http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=131704.1&blackframe=0

Books like http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0072253517.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg often have chapters explaining what you want (I haven't seen that one yet, but I found the V8 version helpful for such basics).

Also see http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/readme-cdos.htm , and be aware there are zillions of collections of scripts on the net.

There may even be an example in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/*report*

> Thank you

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.