Re: Very simple report question

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 17:45:32 -0700

Randy Harris wrote:

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>

>>amwi wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry, I am new to this and i did not know there were so many different

> ways
>
>>>to make a report.
>>>The only tool i am allowed to use is the Oracle's version of SQL. I am

> using
>
>>>oracle version 10g under windows xp.
>>>The only tool i have found that actually works to write some sql

> statements
>
>>>in is "toad free" version 6.3.11.1 g.
>>>Are there any good tools you can recomend?
>>>
>>>Thank you,
>>
>>Well at the bottom of my personal list would be the free version of
>>TOAD.

> Daniel, I wonder if I could trouble you to elaborate a bit. I rather
> thought freetoad was pretty good (a pain to have to continually update). I
> can't handle the $800 to actually buy TOAD. Can you recommend other tools,
> that you prefer to freetoad, with more modest price tags than TOAD? Thanks
> in advance.

Actually no. I am too busy to write a white paper on why there are a huge number of far better tools for the purposes of reporting than a free version of TOAD whose sole purpose in existence is to encourage you to go to Quest and purchase the real product.

If you want to belabor this point do it with someone else. If you just want to create a report ... SQL*Plus will do a far better job.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)