Re: SQL*Loader problem - problem solved

From: PWN <pwneilson_at_telus.net>
Date: 2 Jul 2004 22:50:20 -0700

pwneilson_at_telus.net (PWN) wrote in message news:<f8044af9.0407021409.333df0ed_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi folks, I am having a problem using SQL loader to load some data
> from a text file into a table. I am getting a "ORA-01722: invalid
> number" error in the log file when loading data that has decimal
> values.

Problem Solved.

In case anyone may have this problem, the solution is the following: I was trying to SQL load data using the "." as a decimal character. However, the NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS setting (".,") was only set at the session level, not at the database level. Once I set the NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS in the system registry and bounced the database, problem solved. Moral of the story: be sure to set the NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS in the system registry so they take effect at the database level. Received on Sat Jul 03 2004 - 00:50:20 CDT