Re: obtaining the PL/SQL code of packages ??

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2004 16:38:02 -0700

gelewyc_at_nyct.com (george lewycky) wrote in message news:<68aecc05.0407020849.2448342d_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to find out HOW or WHERE to retrieve the actual PL/SQL code
> of the PACKAGE BODY.
>
> Currently the only means I know of is TOAD's SCHEMA BROWSER.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions would be really appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> George Lewycky
> http://georgenet.net/oracle

Just about everything related to objects created in Oracle is available via the dictionary: all_, dba_, and user_source. Only the owner or a DBA can see the source for a package body but if you have execute privilege on the package you can see the specification source via these views as long as the source was not wrapped. If the source is wrapped you are pretty much out of luck if you do not have the source stored away somewhere.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jul 02 2004 - 18:38:02 CDT