How to Clear the List of Oracle Client Homes install on a User Machine...

From: John <John_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:38:07 -0400

Hi.

We had a PC that had Oracle Client 8.0.5 and 8.1.7 installed in Default_Home (c:\orant) and Default_Home1 (c:\oracle).

A third party package, installed certain components of Oracle Client 9.0.2 in another Oracle Home which it called ora92 (c:\oracle\ora92).

Since we no longer need Clients 8.0.5 and 8.1.7, I decided to uninstall all Oracle clients and install Oracle client 9.0.2. I used Oracle installer to remove as many things as I could. Then, I used Microsoft Explorer to delete various Oracle directories. Finally, I opened Registry Editor and located HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.Software.Oracle and deleted that. I rebooted the machine, inserted the Client CD 9.0.2 and ran the setup.

However, when I try to specify the destination Oracle home to install the program to, the drop down still appears to have the definition for Default_Home, Default_Home1, and Ora92 and their previously associated directories in there! Worse yet, it somehow automatically creates all those directories (c:\orant, c:\oracle, c:\oracle\ora92) and an "inventory" directory under them! How do I get ride of all of those Oracle Home definitions, so I can install Oracle Client from scratch? Where does Oracle keep this list of former Oracle Home / Directory combinations?

Thanks Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 20:38:07 CDT