Re: Archived Log File broken

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:33:15 +0200

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:19:27 +0200, FlameDance <FlameDance_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>I believe I did it by the book. Which would be your suggested stable
>Oracle solution? A connection between production and standby via
>SQLNet8? That would mean instant recovery, wouldn't it? It's not what I
>want.

So forget about the standby mechanism then, and don't try to be 'smart'.

Of course I would use a sqlnet8 connection. Which is *exactly* what is described by the book. So you didn't do it by the book!

If you think you know everything better, why are you posting your RTFM questions at all here?
The German people didn't really change since Hitler, didn't it?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA