Re: SQL Server to Oracel

From: Erland Sommarskog <esquel_at_sommarskog.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:26:07 +0000 (UTC)

Howard J. Rogers (hjr_at_dizwell.com) writes:
> Slightly more technically, we have this gem: "you can increase the size
> of the buffer cache by increasing the size of the db_block_buffers
> configuration parameter"

As an SQL Server person, I did not expect that I would post in this thread, but this was just too much! You increase the size of the parameter? Ah, so you change the parameter from being a two-byte value to be a four-byte value?

Gosh! That you can't do in SQL Server! Oracle is really powerful! Maybe I should learn Oracle some day?

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel_at_sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at