Re: SQL Server to Oracel

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2004 16:10:47 -0700

"Dave" <david.sharples3_at_ntlXworld.com> wrote in message news:<340Dc.40$Pp.32_at_newsfe5-win>...
> <omlet_at_omlet.org> wrote in message
> > "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message
> > > <omlet_at_omlet.org> wrote in message

> > > You really are a tiresome little oik, and a liar
> >
> > HJR,
> >
> > Put your money where your mouth is and let us have a bet: You prove me
> > a liar and I would pull OMLET off the internet or I post documents,
> > paychecks to mutually agreed upon professional; Let say someone I
> > reviewed his book in 1998 which you claimed to know as well! and you
> > would pay me $10,000; not much for a expert like you. Are you up to
> > this? Anyone else?
> >
> > For the record, check my papers on the net:
> >
> http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/d/Daoud:Amjad_M=.html
> >
> > in 1995 I published a paper while at Oracle Server Technologies; Can
> > you Read?! you might learn how to spell before you bombard us with
> > your wisedom.
> >
> > Surely, there ain't two people who can mispell Oracle as Oracel in the
> > world, you and the newbie must be YOU. Proven by induction.
> > So upon the evidence in front of me: I bet 1000 to 1 that you wrote
> > that message.
> >
> > why?
> >
> > because you a dump hippocrate!
>
> Don't tell people to learn how to spell when your post is full of spelling
> and grammar mistakes.

Not to mention his "book..."

"In general, if recursive calls is greater than 4 per process, the data dictionary should be optimized and segments should be rebuilt with storage clauses to have a few large extents. " - OraclE 9I Performance Tuning WITH OMLET [SIC, directly cut-and-pasted]

Man, now that I've actually looked at that crappy book, I see why the "Dr." is so defensive. It (and his basic product) is just rehashed myths from around 1995. He even thanks Digital! Jeez, makes me nostalgic.

Note to all Oracle professionals: re-read the manuals for new versions, and pay attention to people who point out errors.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
NOW What?