Dropping Users That Are Currently Connected / Killing Sessions

From: Lee <now_at_yjo.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:04:48 -0600

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can me an idea of how to get around the following problem? I run regression tests each night using Junit/DbUnit, where each test drops the user, recreates the user, creates the schema, enables constraints, populated the tables, etc. I often use DBVisualizer to browse the tables, but often forget to disconnect before I go home. It seems that DBVisualizer doesn't have an auto-disconnect, so when the tests run, they all fails giving the message, ~"cannot drop user that is currently connected". It's no big deal to just disconnect every night, but silly me forget about 2 times a week.

Can anyone direct me to some URLs, where it might give me an idea of how to disconnect a user / kill the session in a script?

Many thanks in advance,

   Lee Received on Mon Jun 28 2004 - 16:04:48 CDT