Re: Takes hours to create a New Database

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:33:23 GMT

Oracle Newbie wrote:

> Thx. So what's the efficient way to create a new schema? Suppose I want to
> create a schema with 3 tables ( customers, orders, payments )

Start with any existing database. Then create a USER that has the appropriate resource capabilities. Then create the SCHEMA (create tables, views, etc.) to be owned by that user.

This and much, much more is described in the Concepts document that we encourage you to review. Check out http://docs.oracle.com

And please eliminate the cross-posts. This is a legit. cdo.server discussion.

HTH
/Hans Received on Sun Jun 27 2004 - 12:33:23 CDT