Re: Performance issue with new 9i database

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:47:23 +0200

shankarvs_at_gmail.com (Shankar) wrote:

>Hello,
>I am seeing huge performance problems on the queries executed against
>9i database. I am not too familiar with 9i, But I would like to ask
>the DBA to check whether all the parameters are set right to gain
>optimum performance.

After switching from 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.4 on a Solaris box our database got much slower. I still had the chance to compare the execution plans because we were still able to run the old (renamed) DB version 8.1.7, and, of course, they were different. But why? And what can be done? That I still don't know.

Bye
Rick Denoire Received on Sat Jun 26 2004 - 16:47:23 CDT