Re: tranform xmltype contents to expression ?

From: Abhinav <matrix_calling_at_yahoo.dot.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:38:58 +0530

Robert A.M. van Lopik wrote:

> "Abhinav" <matrix_calling_at_yahoo.dot.com> wrote in message
>

>>Hi ..
>>
>>I have the following sort of xml (In an xmlType in the database ..)
>>

>><or_group>
>> <operand>a</operand>
>> <operand>
>> <and_group>
>> <operand>b</operand>
>> <not_group>
>> <operand>c</operand>
>> </not_group>
>> <and_group>
>> </operand>
>></or_group>
>>
>>This needs to be evaluated as
>>a+(b.(!c))
>>
>>Here, a/b/c are linked to functions which return true/false values, with
>>the function taking some parameters.
>>
>>It is possible to do this by creating a linked list out of the tree, and
>>evaluating in post fix using "native" planguages like C ..
>>
>>Would like to know if it is possible in PL/SQL .. or is it wishful
>>thinking ?
>>
>>Any replies .. even if to say that it isnt possible .. appreciated :)
>>
>>Regards
>>Abhinav
>>

> well, the PL in PL/SQL stands for Procedural Language. In fact PL/SQL
> derives its syntax from ADA. So, if you know how to do it in C, you can do
> it in PL/SQL, And yes, there is an XML parser callable from PL/SQL.

Thanks..
But are there structural constructs available in pl/sql to do the transformation? data structures like B-Trees/Linked Lists ?

Given an arbitrarily complex expression of the above format, there should be a result available in a scalable manner,,

the parsing is available in PL/sQL and I am aware of that .. >
TIA
Abhinav